The Office of Integrity and Ethical Development serves as a place for students to complete educational sanctions and mandatory requirements as determined by the UCF community. Partners include the Office of Student Conduct (OSC), Housing and Residence Life (HRL), Office of Student Involvement (OSI), Fraternity and Sorority Life (FSL), Professors/Instructors of both online and face-to-face courses, and staff members.
Our approach to working with students:
- Our approach is to support students through their educational sanctions by demonstrating encouragement, motivation, and empowerment.
- We focus on where the student is now since their incident and how we can support them in moving forward towards the completion of their goals.
- Being required to connect with our office is not an indication that a student is lacking integrity or displaying unethical behavior. It is to connect with helpful and compassionate individuals who will guide and assist students through their experience, bring awareness of decision making strategies, concentrate on processing future actions, and develop an understanding of campus culture.
- We have been responsible for creating, implementing, and facilitating these educational sanctions for many years now and the majority of students leave one of our sessions saying “This was not as bad as I thought it would be.”
- All sessions are facilitated by Integrity and Ethical Development staff members.
Other information about our educational sanctions:
- We record dates and times of all appointments with students. Students will receive documentation regarding their participation in any of our sanctioning services.
- What we speak about with students, stays with us. We will not write reports or summaries about any conversations we have with students unless agreed upon prior to the student completing the sanction.
- Any component of our sanction services which requires a coaching session can be completed face-to-face or via Skype.
- Appointment reminders for all sanctioning services are sent to student’s Knights email accounts.
- These sanctions can be assigned by those associated with Regional Campuses, Rosen College, UCF Medical School and any other department/unity associated with UCF.
Click on the sanctioning services below for more information.
- Purpose & Components
- Example & Testimonials
- Intake Form & Evaluation Survey
- Assignments to Complete Prior to the Coaching Session
- How to Schedule a Session
- View Suzy Welch: 10-10-10 — Nordic Business Forum 2013 YouTube video on the 10-10-10 Decision Making Model (running time of 14 minutes).
- It is recommended to take notes while watching the video.
- The context of the video is in relation to a speaking engagement by Suzy Welch to business professionals.
- We believe though that you will find the content easy to relate to your current experience as a UCF college student.
- Click here to complete the discussion questions associated with the 10-10-10 YouTube video. Your work will be sent to the Office of Integrity and Ethical Development. You will receive your work back at the seminar in order to participate in further discussions about the topic of decision making.
- Outline of Sanction Requirements
- Schedule a Guest Speaker Date & Time