Excellence in Decision Making Seminar
- The seminar is designed to assist UCF students in developing critical thinking and problem-solving skills in order to make confident and appropriate college level decisions.
- Participants will develop strategic skills to consider consequences (positive and negative) prior to determining one’s next step.
- We will be supportive and motivational while guiding participants through discussions related to decision making.
- The seminar is conducted in a group setting (7 maximum).
- Each seminar is two (2) hours in length. Students will be expected to commit to the full two hours scheduled.
- We provide seminars throughout the summer term and fall/spring semesters.
Assignments to Complete PRIOR to Registering for the Seminar:
- 10-10-10 Decision Making Model Assignment instructions:
- View Suzy Welch: 10-10-10 – Nordic Business Forum 2013 YouTube video on the 10-10-10 Decision Making Model (running time of 14 minutes).
- It is recommended to take notes while watching the video.
- The context of the video is in relation to a speaking engagement by Suzy Welch to business professionals.
- We believe though that you will find the content easy to relate to your current experience as a UCF college student.
- Click here to complete the discussion questions associated with the 10-10-10 YouTube video. Your work will be sent to the Office of Integrity and Ethical Development. You will receive your work back at the seminar in order to participate in further discussions about the topic of decision making.
- Values Exercise:
- Click here to complete the Values Exercise
- Your work will be sent to the Office of Integrity and Ethical Development. You will receive your work back at the seminar in order to participate in further discussions about the topic of how our values impact our decision making.
- UCF Creed Assignment:
- This 5 minute video provides many reflections from UCF students, faculty, and staff regarding the 5 tenets which embody the UCF Creed. This video is used as a catalyst for discussion regarding values associated with integrity, scholarship, community, creativity, and excellence. It is recommended that you take notes while watching the video.
- Click here to complete the UCF Creed Assignment
- Your work will be sent to the Office of Integrity and Ethical Development. You will receive your work back at the seminar in order to participate in further discussions about the topic of infusing the tenets of the UCF Creed into our personal value system.
- Student must have completed and submitted all three of the pre-seminar assignments prior to registering for an upcoming seminar.
- Students must register at least a week in advance of the seminar chosen. We will not be able to accommodate attendance the day before or the day off the seminar.
- If a student has a deadline in which to complete this seminar by, we will work with the student in documenting registration of an upcoming seminar even if it is pass a deadline.
- Each seminar is two (2) hours in length. Students are expected to commit to the full two hours scheduled.
- Click here to review the current term/semester schedule and to register for an upcoming Excellence in Decision Making Seminar
- If a student has a class conflict, please call our office 407-823-3477 to schedule an appointment. Students are not to miss a class to attend this seminar. This appointment will count and the same material will be covered as if attending a schedule seminar.